Exciting Opportunity to join SA Eventing IT Portfolio
Is there an IT guru out there who would like to help us?
SA Eventing wants to build a great website. Of course we run eventing on a tiny budget, so we need volunteers who have IT experience, can bring ideas to the table and are willing to do the work!
The IT Portfolio Committee is a National Committee headed up by James Urry in Natal and he needs 2/3 keen eventers to join him. This will be such an asset for all of us if we can get it right. To be inspired look at www.britisheventing.com - but it will take a while to get there!
Here are some of the IT issues that need work
There are a lot of IT issues to discuss and take to the board. These are just some at the top of James’s priority list:
1. Development of a strategic plan for the IT portfolio committee as well as a budget.
2. Development of an effective IT based communication system between EventingSA and their members.
3. Development of the online provincial structure under the main EventingSA website to allow for provincial communication.
4. Optimising the current EventingSA website to be more of an online portal for all information relating to national eventing.
5. Development of an online entry system.
6. Development of a rankings system with an online component to track events entered, grading, etc. as well as a standardised input method for data so that event organisers can input their data straight into the system.
7. Discussion about use of IT for event organisers i.e. live online scoring systems, honesty judging systems for dressage, electronic GPS based course measurement etc.
Also, please look at www.startboxscoring.com - this is the online system we have been using at most KZN events with great success over the past 2 years and that could be used nationally.
If you can help, please get in touch with Sarah Arnot, WP Eventing Chairman at email@example.com or 072 130 3008.